Happiness is something that everybody seeks, and is a subject I discussed at length in my previous post Are You Living the Life You Want? I love to be happy and also bring happiness to others, which is why I designed this Happiness infographic to understand it better. How we define happiness depends on our experiences and state of mind, and no two people are exactly alike when it comes to their definition of happiness. As it turns out, some of us predisposed to be happy while others genetically, are not. There are so many factors that can affect your happiness levels ranging from the amount of time you spend watching the news, to how many friends you have and your relationship status.
So what are they?
Happiness Infographic 2016
Instant Ways to Boost your Happiness
- Grab your partner and have mind-blowing sex. Studies show that great sex makes you happier in the long run than having money.
- Change your thought patterns immediately. Monitor your mind in a conscious manner: are you always negative? Are you always blaming yourself and others for your unhappiness?
- Step out and see the sun – sunlight boosts your happiness levels and makes you feel more energetic.
- Play with your pets – Pets are a source of great happiness for us, and there’s no better reason to give them a hug, a scratch, or a snack when you’re feeling down.
- Look at something green – looking at green objects, a field of grass, or even a green landscape picture on your phone can calm your nerves.
- Don’t listen to droopy music – Listen to a fast-paced, happy beat that you like; it has been proven time and time again that music has a positive effect on your brain.
- Have citrus and lavender scents around you; either the real thing or using candles / essential oils – these scents have a positive impact on your sense of happiness and well-being.
- Walk. Walking really does improve your happiness levels and shifts your focus to something else, making you feel better in just 20 minutes!